$100k+ raised for Maddie Collins at Addington
Last night over $100k was raised in a sell-out event for the gorgeous Maddie Collins to help her get to America for her kidney transplant. With Maddie having no kidneys and there being no matching donor in New Zealand, a whopping $750k is needed for her to make this trip.
Addington would personally like to thank all our sponsors, companies and individuals who contributed to making this evening possible. Absolutely everything including the delicious cuisine, extraordinary auction items to the elaborate theming were all gifted so every dollar raised could be given to Maddie.
A big thank you to Gary McCormick, Shane Cortese, Blair Strang, Andrew Mehrtens and Mayor Tim Shadbolt for a fabulous night of entertainment. To Richard Bromley, the auctioneer, without your help, we wouldn’t have raised nearly as much for Maddie.
Key points from the night;
- The Lamar Charitable Trust presented Maddie with a $10k cheque on the night.
- There was a very last minute auction item added (at the end of the night), with a one of a kind pair of Maddie’s hand sewn pillowslips fetching $2k in the auction.
- Dinner with the RT Hon Winston Peters at Bellamy’s, Parliament House with air flights was auctioned and sold for $10k.
- Pre-dinner drinks with the Prime Minister and dinner with Hon Minister Amy Adams at Bellamy’s, Parliament House with $300 towards air flights was auctioned and sold for $10k.
- The Leopard Coachlines 20 piece Brass Band were playing as everyone arrived which set the scene for the night.
- Maddie stole the show and looked absolutely beautiful in a yellow evening dress. It would be hard to find a dry eye in the room after her heart felt speech.
Maddie’s Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/maddiecollins/
Give A Little page – https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/givethegiftoflifetomaddie