How We Collect Personal Information
NZMTC operate Addington Raceway & Events Centre (“Addington”) and Spectators Bar & Bistro (“Spectators”). We offer our guests a range of social activities which include horse racing, events at our events centre and access to our bar and bistro.
We collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us. We collect Personal Information when you enter this website (including from any of our social media sites, such as our Facebook page), purchase tickets for an event we are hosting, book a hospitality package, make an enquiry in relation to events or the services we offer, sign up for our newsletters, apply for membership, apply for employment, or if you send a message to us via the contact or online enquiry function on this website. This website may also state other ways in which we collect information when a webpage asks for information from you.
We also use certain social media services, like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These third party services may be linked to this website through the use of social media buttons. We may also run campaigns on the websites of these social media providers that enable you to purchase tickets to events, sign up for our newsletters or otherwise interact with this website. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. However, if you use them, we may collect any Personal Information that you provide to us through those third party services, arising from participation in any campaign we run on those websites, that you make publicly available, or which your privacy settings permit us to collect in accordance with the terms of those social media services.
When you visit Addington and Spectators at an event, race, function or for any other reason, we may be taking photographs, videos or otherwise recording the activities. Where you participate in photographs, videos or other recordings of activities we are undertaking at Addington and Spectators, these photographs/videos may be used in future advertising and publicity. By entering Addington or Spectators, you consent to any image of you at Addington or Spectators being used for reasonable publicity purposes for Addington and/or Spectators.
Complete And Accurate Personal Information
Any Personal Information you supply to us through this website, must be complete and accurate. You also agree to allow us to contact you to verify your Personal information if we need to.
We do everything we can to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information.
Consequences Of Not Providing Personal Information
If you do not provide the Personal Information that this website asks you to provide, we may not be able to provide the requested services to you. For instance, if you do not provide an email address for receiving newsletters we will not be able to provide those newsletters to you. Where you use the contact or enquiry function, if the requested information is not provided we may not be able to address your message or answer your enquiry.
This website also allows you to apply for current vacancies by sending us a message with the option of attaching your CV. If you do not provide us the Personal Information requested or if you do not provide information that is accurate, we reserve the right not to contact you or consider your CV for a vacancy.
Purposes For Which We Collect, Use And Disclose Personal Information
We collect Personal Information only when necessary for the following purposes (“Authorised Purposes”):
- to conduct our business, which may include reviewing our own processes;
- to provide you with the services you have requested, including to identify you when we provide those services;
- to provide you with tickets to our events (where you have purchased tickets);
- to keep you updated with our events and to provide our marketing material (and any third party marketing material we consider you may be interested in) to you, including letting you know about our special offers and promotions (where you have provided contact details and have nominated to receive such information);
- to optimise your experience as either a customer of our services or a user of this website;
- for our promotional purposes (in the case of your image or actions where you participate in photographs, videos or other recordings of activities we are undertaking at Addington and Spectators);
- to send you our newsletter (where you have signed up to receive it);
- to assess an application for membership (where you are applying for membership);
- to consider an application for employment (where you are applying for a position with us);
- to undertake a credit check (where you wish to book a hospitality package);
- to communicate with you, which includes responding to any message or enquiry you send us and identifying you when you want to communicate with us;
- to help manage and enhance this website and our offerings;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and any other person with respect to our business;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- any other purpose made known to you when collecting the Personal Information.
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for any of the above Authorised Purposes, as authorised by the Act, or in any other manner with your consent. We will use reasonable endeavours to collect and use the least amount of Personal Information possible to fulfil any of the Authorised Purposes.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of NZMTC unless you give us your consent to do so, or we are permitted to do so by the Act, so that our authorised agencies (including credit card and payment facility providers) can detect, investigate, prevent or address, fraud, security or technical issues, or if we are required to do so by law.
Where you provide your email address to us, you agree that we may contact you using that email address for any of the above Authorised Purposes. Where you receive marketing material from us by email you can unsubscribe in accordance with the unsubscribe facility in the email.
Any information you supply which does not personally identify you, or any information which is your Personal Information but for which we have removed all identifying features from (i.e. anonymised), is considered general information (“General Information”). We use General Information for our business purposes or any other purposes.
Management Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is collected by NZMTC and its subsidiaries from time to time. All Personal Information is held by NZMTC. The address of NZMTC is set out in the Contact Us section below.
We may transfer Personal Information to third parties to perform services on our behalf, to process the information for us or hold it on our behalf. These third parties may be offshore. NZMTC will only disclose your Personal Information to an offshore third party if the receiving organisation is:
- subject to the Act because they do business in New Zealand;
- subject to privacy laws that provide comparable safeguards to the Act, or they agree to protect the information in such a way by entering into a contractual agreement with NZMTC; or
- is covered by a binding scheme or is subject to the privacy laws of a country prescribed by the New Zealand Government; or
- with your prior written consent acknowledging that Your Personal Information may not be given the same protection as provided by the New Zealand Privacy Act.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that such third parties will not use the Personal Information for their own purposes.
As required by the Act, we take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by, for example, use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Our personnel are required to respect the privacy of your Personal Information.
If for any reason your Personal Information has been released without your consent, we will in accordance with the Act notify the Office of the Privacy Commissioner as soon as possible. We will also notify you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the breach.
Where we no longer require your Personal Information for a permitted purpose under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
You have the ability to seek access to your Personal Information and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. Subject to the exceptions set out in the Act, you may seek access to, or seek the correction of, the Personal Information which we hold about you by contacting us as follows:
|Address||Privacy Officer New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc
PO Box 9036, Tower Junction 8149
|Telephone||03 338 9094|
If you contact us, we will require you to verify your identity and specify what Personal Information you require access to. A reasonable fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
If a dispute were to arise between us and we cannot resolve this with you, then you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner whose Website is here.