How We Collect Personal Information
NZMTC operates Addington Raceway & Events Centre (“Addington”) and Spectators Bar & Bistro (“Spectators”). We offer our guests a range of social activities which include horse racing, events at our events centre and access to our bar and bistro.
We collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us. We collect Personal Information when you enter this website (including from any of our social media sites, such as our Facebook page), purchase tickets for an event we are hosting, book a hospitality package, make an enquiry in relation to events or the services we offer, sign up for our newsletters, apply for membership, apply for employment, or if you send a message to us via the contact or online enquiry function on this website. This website may also state other ways in which we collect Personal Information when a webpage asks for information from you.
We also use certain social media services, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These third party services may be linked to this website through the use of social media buttons. We may also run campaigns on the websites of these social media providers that enable you to purchase tickets to events, sign up for our newsletters or otherwise interact with this website. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. However, if you use them, we may collect any Personal Information that you provide to us through those third party services, arising from participation in any campaign we run on those websites, that you make publicly available, or which your privacy settings permit us to collect in accordance with the terms of those social media services.
Complete And Accurate Personal Information
Any Personal Information you supply to us through this website, must be complete and accurate. You also agree to allow us to contact you to verify your Personal information if we need to.
We do everything we can to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information.
Consequences Of Not Providing Personal Information
If you do not provide the Personal Information that this website asks you to provide, we may not be able to provide the requested services to you. For instance, if you do not provide an email address for receiving newsletters we will not be able to provide those newsletters to you. Where you use the contact or enquiry function, if the requested information is not provided we may not be able to address your message or answer your enquiry.
This website also allows you to apply for current vacancies by sending us a message with the option of attaching your CV. If you do not provide us the Personal Information requested or if you do not provide information that is accurate, we reserve the right not to contact you or consider your CV for a vacancy.
Purposes For Which We Collect, Use And Disclose Personal Information
We may collect, use and disclose Personal Information when necessary for the following purposes (“Authorised Purposes”):
- to conduct our business, which may include reviewing our own processes;
- to provide you with the services you have requested, including to identify you when we provide those services; to provide you with tickets to our events (where you have purchased tickets);
- to keep you updated with our events and to provide our marketing material (and any third party marketing material we consider you may be interested in) to you, including letting you know about our special offers and promotions (where you have provided contact details and have nominated to receive such information);
- to optimise your experience as either a customer of our services or a user of this website;
- for our promotional purposes (in the case of your image or actions where you participate in photographs, videos or other recordings of activities we are undertaking at Addington and Spectators);
- to send you our newsletter (where you have signed up to receive it);
- to assess an application for membership (where you are applying for membership);
- to consider an application for employment (where you are applying for a position with us);
- to undertake a credit check (where you wish to book a hospitality package);
- to communicate with you, which includes responding to any message or enquiry you send us and identifying you when you want to communicate with us;
- to help manage and enhance this website and our offerings;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and any other person with respect to our business;
- where it is necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of the law by any public sector agency, including prejudice to the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, and punishment of offences, or for the enforcement of a law that imposes a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue, or for the conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal (being proceedings that have been commenced or are reasonably in contemplation);
- where it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or public safety, or the life or health of you or another;
- in any other circumstances allowed by the Act or any other relevant law; and
- any other purpose made known to you when collecting the Personal Information.
Where we collect, use or disclose Personal Information, we will use reasonable endeavours to collect, use or disclose the least amount of Personal Information possible to fulfil any of the Authorised Purposes.
Where you provide your email address to us, you agree that we may contact you using that email address for any of the above Authorised Purposes. Where you receive marketing material from us by email you can unsubscribe in accordance with the unsubscribe facility in the email.
Any information you supply which does not personally identify you, or any information which is your Personal Information but for which we have removed all identifying features from (i.e. anonymised), is considered general information (“General Information”). We use General Information for our business purposes or any other purposes.
Management Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is collected by us from time to time. All Personal Information is held by us. Our address is set out in the Contact Us section below.
We may transfer Personal Information to third parties to perform services on our behalf, to process the information for us or to hold it on our behalf.
These third parties may be offshore. We will only disclose your Personal Information to an offshore third party if the receiving organisation:
- is subject to the Act because they do business in New Zealand;
- is subject to privacy laws that provide comparable safeguards to the Act;
- is agreeable to protecting your Personal Information in a way comparable to the Act (or privacy laws which provide comparable safeguards to the Act), by entering into a contractual agreement with us; or
- is covered by a binding scheme or is subject to the privacy laws of a country prescribed by the New Zealand Government; or
- with your prior written consent acknowledging that your Personal Information may not be given the same protection as provided by the Act.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that such third parties will not use the Personal Information for their own purposes.
As required by the Act, we take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or unauthorised disclosure. We do this by, for example, use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Our personnel are required to respect the privacy of your Personal Information.
If for any reason your Personal Information has been released, accessed, disclosed, lost, or destroyed without your consent, we will in accordance with the Act notify the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, any affected individuals, and/or the public, as soon as possible. We will also notify you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the breach.
Where we no longer require your Personal Information for a permitted purpose under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Without limitation, you have the following rights:
- the right to be provided full information about your Personal Information;
- the right to require that we correct any incorrect Personal Information;
- the right to ask that we delete or destroy your Personal Information (noting that certain conditions may apply to the exercise of this right);
- the right to ask that we restrict how we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information (noting that that certain conditions may apply to the exercise of this right); and
- the right to object to us using your Personal Information
(together your “Rights”).
If you wish to exercise your Rights, or have any questions in relation to your Rights, please contact us (see our Contact Us section below). We will respond to your request(s) within the timeframes provided in the Act and/or other applicable law. Please note that if your request(s) is unfounded or excessive, we may, where the Act or other applicable law permits, charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request(s).
If we refuse to meet your request(s), we will notify you accordingly. Where appropriate, we will provide you with the reason(s) for our decision and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal. If the refusal relates to a request to change your Personal Information, you may make a statement about the requested change and we will attach this to your record.
We are required to keep your Personal Information for so long as is required for our business operations or by applicable laws.
If you have any complaints about our handling of your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer on 03 338 9094 or email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at:
Address: Privacy Officer New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc | PO Box 9036, Tower Junction 8149
Telephone: 03 338 9094
If you contact us, we will require you to verify your identity and specify what Personal Information you require access to.
We reserve discretion to charge you reasonable costs in relation to the provision of requested Personal Information, or a correction thereof, or any assistance in the above respects. We will notify you of any such charges before processing the request(s).
We may request the payment of any such costs in advance of processing your request(s).
If a dispute were to arise between us and we cannot resolve this with you, then you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at https://www.privacy.org.nz/