Alabar Super Series – Quick Facts
Last week’s Alabar Super Series events, which have become a real feature on Addington Raceway’s calendar, was the 12th occasion these races have been conducted over the last four years.
Designed to reward those horses and connections that support Addington Raceway on a regular basis, the success of these $23,500 events can be seen in the quality of the fields that contest them and a look at past results makes for interesting reading.
- Average tote win dividend is approximately $7.50
- Largest win dividend was $36.30 when now course mile record holder Vice Chairman was victorious in 2013
- Shortest win dividend was last week when Stars Align saluted at $1.20
- 22 individual trainer(s) have won the 36 Alabar Super Series events held
- Purdon/Rasmussen with 9 and Terry/Glenys Chimiel with 4 head the multiple wins category
- Horses trained (or co-trained) by Craig Edmonds, Nigel McGrath and Cran Dalgety have all scored on more than one occasion
- Southland domiciled horses have an impressive strike rate when taking home 3 victories from very few starters (Tas Man Bromac, Wick and Costa Del Magnifico)
- Every starter presently earns at least $500 just for starting
The next Alabar Super Series night has been scheduled for October 7.