Race Meeting (5 Star)
The Racing Industry is taking steps to reduce the potential for the spread of the COVID-19 virus among participants and public by closing its meeting to all but essential personals.
We at Addington Raceway and Event Centre are taking the matter very seriously. Our main priority is the safety and health of our staff, the racing industry, our clients and our business. Following guidance from Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) only trainers, drivers and stable hands for horses engaged at a race meeting and officials and contractors working at the race meeting will be permitted entry. Unfortunately this does not extend to owners, Club Members and the general public. This change is effective from 17 March until 13 April 2020. We will monitor the government updates and re-look at our offerings week by week.
This decision was not made lightly, and we understand this is a very challenging time for our staff, the racing Industry and our business, we apologise for any inconvenience to our loyal members and supporters and will continue to keep you informed as information becomes available during this complex and ever evolving situation.
The TAB will continue to broadcast racing on Trackside TV and on tab.co.nz.
Key Changes to the racing experience:
- There will be no general public admission to race meetings
- Only trainers, drivers and stable hands for horses engaged at a race meeting and officials and contractors working at the race meeting will be permitted entry.
- Spectators Bar will be closed
- The Metropolitan stand (all three floors) will be closed
- Breckon’s Winning Owners bar will be closed
- The Stables BBQ will be open
Everyone with cold or flu symptoms are prohibited from attending race meetings. All drivers with concerns about their health please contact HRNZ immediately.
Please click here to read the HRNZ media release.