Membership of the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club
The New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club (NZMTC) is a Harness Racing Club entrenched in history and hosts some of New Zealand’s most prestigious races. The club races approximately 40 times in a season, and some of the feature races each season include the Christchurch Casino New Zealand Trotting Cup, NRM Sires Stakes Final, Woodlands NZ Free-For-All and The Breeders’ New Zealand Oaks.
Our members are offered some of the best benefits of any Harness Racing Club in Australasia. With giveaways and a free drink offered at every meeting (except on Cup and Show Day) we strive to offer our members an entertaining experience out every time they come on course.
On the second Tuesday in November, Canterbury comes alive with the colour and thrill of Cup Week. Members of the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club enjoy exclusive use of the glassed in viewing area of Silks Lounge on both Cup Day and Show Day – plus access to the Christian Cullen Lounge.
Member Benefits Include:
The benefits of becoming a member of the New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club include:
- Free car parking and entry to all NZMTC Race Meetings, including Cup Day and Show Day.
- The exclusive use of a members lounge in the Metropolitan Stand on a race night with behind glass viewing of the track.
- Complimentary glass of beer, wine or juice at all NZ Metro Race Meetings excluding our Cup Carnival.
- Participation in many members prize draws and promotions throughout the year supported by Lamb & Hayward and the Dunsandel Country Café & Bar/ Dunsandel Tavern.
- Discounts on food and beverage at our seven day a week bar & bistro Spectators.
- A selection of members coupons for use throughout the season (see below).
- Reciprocal rights with the Auckland Trotting Club, Harness Racing Victoria and the South Australia Harness Racing Club.
- The AGM for the 2017-2018 season will be held on Monday, 15 October 2018 in the Metropolitan Stand.
- The Members Cocktail Function will be held on Thursday, 23 August 2018 from 6pm in the Metropolitan Stand.
- Admission and members’ stand badges for two people to Group 1 2000 Guineas Day at Riccarton Park (10 November 2018).
- Introduce a friend to Met Membership and get 20% discount off your next year’s membership fees
- Spectators – $7 Coffee & Sweet Treat on Monday – buy 1 get 1 free
- Reserve a Table on Race Night for up to 6 people in the Members Lounge
- 20% of Addington Pantry Online Catering
- Trackside Dining Bronze or Silver package – book 4 and 1 for free
- Metro Member (under 35 years) $90 single or $120 (with additional Membership badge)
- Full Member (35 years and over) $175 (includes two Membership badges)
For more information contact us