Terms & Conditions of Entry
We want your event experience at Addington Raceway & Events Centre to be safe and enjoyable. The information below tells you what you can bring into the venue or need to leave at home, what behaviour is and isn’t acceptable and what the consequences are if you fail to follow these conditions of entry.
Your entry to the venue is subject to you complying with these conditions. Conditions may vary at some events, so please check the relevant page on our website for any changes or additional conditions.
While we endeavour to communicate as much as possible Addington may amend these Conditions of Entry at short or no notice for reasons of safety and security.
PATRON SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
We want everyone to have a great time in a safe environment and we appreciate your help to make this happen.
- You and your possessions may be searched before entering the venue, during the event or when leaving the venue. If you refuse to participate in searches, you may be denied entry or asked to leave the venue
- You will be responsible for your belongings, do not leave them unattended
- You must keep access ways, entry doors, stairs and emergency exits clear at all times
- You must be appropriately dressed. The right of admittance is reserved to Addington staff and their decision will be final. In particular, no person will be permitted entry with:
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult or legal guardian, unless attending a private event
- Our venue is smoke free, and you may only smoke in designated areas.
- You may be monitored by CCTV and your actions recorded.
- Some events may include activities that could be a risk to your health and safety. You acknowledge this and enter the venue at your own risk.
Your behaviour can influence the experience for you and others, and we expect a high standard of behaviour at our venue. We want everyone to have a great experience so please follow these guidelines:
- Follow the instructions of venue and event staff
- Be in possession of a valid ticket or pass (where applicable)
- As we are a licensed venue you must not bring in or take out any alcohol without our prior permission
- You may be asked to provide identification to prove your age if you wish to purchase alcohol. Forms of identification we will accept are:
- If you become intoxicated, you will be required to leave the event and venue
- If you do any of the following you may be refused entry to the venue or required to leave the venue:
THINGS YOU CAN BRING WITH YOU
There are some things that you are welcome to bring when you attend an event provided that their presence or use doesn’t interfere with the event or disturb others enjoyment. You can bring:
- Personal effects such as a coat, small bag or small umbrella
- A mobile phone, personal camera or electronic device
- A disability assist dog
- Food for personal consumption that is not in commercial packaging. This may not be available for all events. Please check the relevant page on our website for any changes
THINGS YOU CAN’T BRING WITH YOU
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment there are some things you may not bring with you. We also have commercial partnerships that we need to protect.
Please leave the following restricted items behind when attending events as you may be required to surrender them as a condition of entry to the event or the venue. We are unable to provide storage and surrendered items may not be returned. You can’t bring:
- Alcohol or Illegal substances or items
- Beverage of any type (excluding baby bottles)
- Commercially produced food and drinks
- Sound devices that are considered by venue management to be a nuisance, including air horns, drums, whistles and vuvuzelas
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, skates or scooters
- Signage, products, clothing or equipment considered by venue management to be offensive
- Unauthorised promotional material including signage, products and clothing
- Flares, fireworks, laser lights/pointers or drones
- Gang patches/colours
- Weapons of any kind or items that may be used as a weapon and items that may be thrown, e.g. bolts, marbles
- Professional camera, video or audio recording equipment, unless prior permission has been given
- Furniture, including but not limited to seats, sofas, sun umbrellas
- Animals (except disability assist dogs)
- Items that may be used for defacing or damaging property, e.g. markers
- Items that could cause harm or public nuisance as determined by venue management
- Chilly bins, picnic baskets or large bags
Ticketing conditions also apply to all ticketed events. Please refer to the ticketing terms and conditions for further details.
Pass-outs may not be available at all events. Re-entry to an event will be with a valid ticket only.
Any photographs taken on-course by contractors/ photographers appointed by Addington Raceway & Events Centre become the property of Addington. These photographs/videos may be used in future advertising and publicity. By entering the venue, you consent to any image of you at the venue being used for reasonable publicity purposes by the venue.
Remote piloted aircraft systems (e.g. drones) may be used at the venue and you consent to their use.
You agree not to hold the venue or event staff liable for any claim of loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from or in relation to your attendance at our venue.
In the unfortunate event that you do not follow the conditions of entry you may be subject to the following actions:
- You may be refused entry or required to leave the venue
- If you are intoxicated, you will be refused entry or required to leave the venue
- Police may be asked to remove you from the venue
- You may be issued with a trespass notice from the venue for a period of 2 years
- You may be prosecuted for any criminal offence
Enjoy your time at Addington Raceway & Events Centre